“We have amazing people and we know our strength comes from one another.”
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic Options
• Revitalization Plans
• Transformational Planning
• Transactional Services
• Viability Review
- American Commercial Lines
- The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center
- Covanta Energy, Inc.
- Interfaith Medical Center
- Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
- CarePoint Health
- Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of New York
- United Airlines, Inc.
Publications and Recognition
- Featured in Petition’s Two-Part Series, “The Professionals Weigh in,” December 15, 2021.
- Global M&A Network honors ToneyKorf with awards for Boutique Turnaround Consulting Firm of the Year and Healthcare Systems Restructuring of the Year – January 2021.
- Featured in Petition’s Series, “What to Make of the Credit Cycle: Pros Say,” December 9, 2020.
- “Healthcare Organizations Emergency Management Planning for COVID-19,” March 27, 2020.
- “Today’s Health Crisis: Behavioral Health and Opioids” Panelist, ABI Healthcare Program: The New Reality in Healthcare, Nashville, TN March 2020.
- M&A Advisor names ToneyKorf Partners Turnaround Consulting Firm of the Year, December 10, 2019.
- “Healthcare Score Card” Panelist, ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Workshop, Hershey, PA August 2019.
- Steve Korf honored by the Sisters of Charity at their 2019 Spring Benefit, May 2019.
- ToneyKorf Partners Named Outstanding Turnaround Firm – 2018, Turnarounds & Workouts, November 2018.
- Steve Korf featured in Bloomberg Law Insights, “Code Red: Healthcare Restructurings on the Rise,” May 25, 2017.
- “Creative Solutions for Insurance Challenges,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, September 2011.
Steven R. Korf is a Senior Managing Director of ToneyKorf Partners, LLC, which he co-founded in 2012. With over 40 years of experience, Steve is a senior executive who focuses on interim and turnaround management for organizations.
Steve has served as senior management, including Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Restructuring Officer, and Chief Financial Officer. He has also served as an advisor to debtors and creditors of companies in identifying solutions to various complex operational and financial issues, frequently in crisis. Services provided have included evaluating business plans, negotiating capital structures, developing reorganization plans, and valuing business enterprises. Steve has also negotiated numerous acquisitions and divestitures and has consistently proven his ability to enhance profitability in both growth and turnaround environments. Steve is astute at building effective management teams to execute in a rapidly changing environment.
Most recently, Steve has been serving as President and CEO of the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan (“USFHP”). USFHP is a managed care plan, providing TRICARE benefits on behalf of the Defense Health Agency, the healthcare arm of the Department of Defense, for dependents of active-duty service members, and armed services retirees and their families.
Previously, Steve worked as a financial advisor to a substance use and mental health treatment provider with facilities located throughout the southeast. His work included restructuring of the operations in preparations for a sale/new capital investment.
Steve has also served as Transition Lead for Bergen New Bridge Medical Center (“BNBMC”), President and Chief Executive Officer of Interfaith Medical Center, Chief Operating Officer of Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, and Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer of Saint Vincents Catholic Medical Centers of New York (“SVCMC”).
Before founding ToneyKorf Partners, Steve was a Partner of Grant Thornton LLP, a Managing Director at Huron Consulting, and spent 20 years in private industry in various “C-level” positions.
He has worked with private equity firms, high net-worth family businesses, as well as publicly traded, privately held, and not-for-profit organizations.
Steve holds a B.S. in Accounting from the University at Albany. He is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, and is Certified in Distressed Business Valuation. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, the American Bankruptcy Institute, and the Turnaround Management Association.
Get to Know Steve
Favorite quote: “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
Closing Time by Semisonic
They always send the A-team with a high level of trust and integrity.Let's build a future together